Thursday, September 29, 2005

FAEDS Presentation

I presented at the Florida Association of Educational Data Systems (FAEDS) for the 3rd year in a row. This year's presentation was based on last years where I went through the stages of incident response and the tools associated with it. Again, I ran over time this year but not as bad as last year, since I tried to fit in the stages of an attack last year. The disappointing part is I didn't get to do my full demonstration of malware analysis in VMware. Oh well, I will either plan better next year (if I get asked back) or ask for two sessions. The presentation is available by clicking on the title of this post. It is a PDF created from PowerPoint 2004 on my new Apple PowerBook. The presentation is a combination of things I have learned through my experience working for the University of Florida, books and blogs I've read and training through the SANS Institute. I hope to start adding in tutorials on malware analysis with videos and screenshots soon.

No comments: