Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Latest Happenings...

Work has been busy lately. You might think that or you might just think I have been slacking since its been a month since my last post. Definitely not the latter--having a pregnant wife and 10 month old daughter require reprioritizing of my time. ;-) I also had food poisoning that put me out of commission for days, but I recuperated nicely on a 8 night Western Caribbean cruise the following week.

At work, I have finally had the chance to start flexing my forensic muscle. I really do enjoy forensics but never quite get the chance to do full analysis of a box including filesystem timelines, event logs, flow data, etc. The last three weeks have been exciting in this arena. I will be analyzing one, maybe two, hosts tomorrow.

I will be speaking on Open Source forensics at the May GatorLUG meeting. That should be fun. Right now, I am trying to decide if I want to use PowerPoint or Keynote. I thought about using OpenOffice Impress but I am thinking all the shiny effects of Keynote is what I really want. It will detract from the Open Source tools a bit but people will get over it.

And finally...why don't I update my blog or write those cool how to's or other things I have said I wanted to do on this site? Well, I am a bit of a perfectionist. When I think about putting content up here, I don't want to put it up unless I am perfectly happy with it and feel that it is "perfect." After speaking with a coworker about my tendency to act this way, she mentioned it was something she has read about in self-help books and it just leads people to never get things done. I want to overcome that so expect to see daily posts, perfect or not.

No comments: