Friday, December 12, 2008

Weaponizing USB Flash Drives with the Addonics NAS Adapter

It's kind of interesting how I start out to write something and it ends up being totally different from what I was planning. Today's post at Dark Reading was like that. My original intent was to focus on data sprawl due to proliferation of physically small, large storage capacity flash drives. What I ended up with was a bad ass idea of weaponizing the Addonics NAS Adapter into a MitM attack tool for scarfing up network data including VoIP calls.

Take a trip down the rabbit hole with "USB Flash Drive Network Weaponization."

BTW, here's a link to the PDF of Larry Pesce's "Rogue APs for Penetration Testers" presentation. He's my inspiration for hiding small electronic devices in obscure places.

No comments: