Friday, August 04, 2006

DefCon 14 - I made it!

After too many hours of scrunching my big shoulder in little airplane seats, I am finally about to crash in my hotel room at the Riviera. I'm not sure if I want to try and describe excitement and the energy around this place. It is by far one of the coolest experiences I've had.

I ran into @tlas and his CTF crew, 1@stPlace. After introductions, @tlas told me they were down a man and invited me to the join the team! How can I say no? I will be meeting them at 8:30 in the morning. Ugh.

Next, I ran into my friend, the British Bulldog, a former NYPD Computer Crimes guy and former Guidance Software trainer. We had a nice long chat about forensics and some upcoming plans at UF while enjoying 99cent Amberbock and foot long hot dogs.

So, after going through the trouble of putting all the talks I wanted to see into iCal and syncing it to my Treo, I might not be able to make it to most of them other than a couple of "must see"s. Here is my potential schedule for Day 1 and Day 2. They are graphics because I'm too tired to figure out how to export it in iCal for everyone to see. If I'm not in one of these talks, I'm at the CTF. ;-)

No comments: